“Smart BOARDING” – Brief Article
Skateboarding is a lot of fun, but it can be dangerous if you don’t know how to protect yourself. Skateboarders should always:
* Stop when they are tired.
* Wear the proper protective pads, clothing, and helmet
* Check their boards for loose or broken parts before riding.
* Make sure the board is the proper size.
* Crouch, relax, tuck their arms to their bodies, and roll when they fall.
* Choose surfaces that are dry, smooth, and free of holes.
* Ride with a buddy.
COPYRIGHT 2000 National Recreation and Park Association
COPYRIGHT 2001 Gale Group