Green bay packers – Franchise Snapshot
* Tight end Bubba Franks’ real name is Daniel Lamont.
* Brett Favre has a career record of 17-4 against Green Bay’s archrival, the Chicago Bears. The teams next meet on December 1 in Green Bay.
* Rob Davis, the Packers’ long snapper, is the first player from Shippensburg (Pa.) College to play in the NFL.
* Safety LeRoy Butler, who retired following the 2001 season, is credited with starting the Lambeau Leap, in 1993. After taking a lateral from Reggie White, Butler scored and jumped head-first into the front row of the endzone seats.
* In the 1,000th game in franchise history, on December 22, 1996, the Packers beat the Minnesota Vikings, 38-10.
* Safety Darren Sharper has the word “perseverance” tattooed on his shoulder.
* On October 2, 1983, against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Packers set a team record by scoring 55 points.
* Defensive lineman Billy Lyon is a huge “Star Wars” fan and owns more than 1,000 related collectibles.
* There are almost 60,000 people on the waiting list for Packers season tickets.
* Running back Ahman Green’s idol growing up was the late Bears great Walter Payton. In fact, before each game Green watches “Pure Payton,” a video of Payton’s career highlights. Green also is a big Batman fan. He has a tattoo of the Caped Crusader’s logo on his left calf and collects Batman comic books and memorabilia.
* Fox News personality Greta Van Susteren owns one share in the Packers.
* Defensive end Jamal Reynolds practices karate, owns a python snake, and lists shopping as his favorite hobby.
* Rookie safety Marques Anderson, a third-round draft pick, signed a three-year contract with the Packers in a tattoo parlor in Green Bay, where the team’s vice president of player finance caught up with him.
* In his only season on the Packers in 1974, Hall-of-Famer Ted Hendricks blocked three field goals, three punts, and one extra point.
* In the first game of the storied Packers-Bears rivalry, in 1921 before 7,000 people at Chicago’s Wrigley Field, the Bears (then called the Staleys) beat Green Bay, 20-0.
* Cornerback Bhawoh Jue was born in Liberia, a West African nation ravaged by civil war. His family fled the country when he was a child.
* Linebacker Na’il Diggs is an accomplished pilot who has flown everything from helicopters to seaplanes.
COPYRIGHT 2003 Century Publishing
COPYRIGHT 2002 Gale Group