* Truly Adore: Jalonne Lynay White wed Hughey Pernell Newsome at New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church in Detroit. The bride, a public health engineer at the Maryland Dept. of the Environment, is a graduate, of Northwestern University and Southern Methodist University. The groom, a student at the Harvard Business School, holds degrees in electrical engineering from the University of Arkansas and Stanford University. They will live in Baltimore.
* Forever One: Marcel Joseph Elligan pledged his eternal love with Anjanette Belt Latimore at St. Paul AME Church in Columbus, GA. The bride is a graduate of Spelman College. She is a clinical research associate with pharmaceutical product development. The groom graduated from Clark-Atlanta University. He is a pharmacy technician with the U.S. Navy. The couple honeymooned on a Caribbean cruise. They will make their home in Seattle, WA.
* Love Springs Eternal: Clifton Ramsey and the former Kawanna Toney united as one in Christ during an elegant ceremony at Broadview Missionary Baptist Church in Broadview, IL. The blissful bride is an assistant banking center manager for Bank One. She is a graduate of Southern Illinois University at Carbondale. The delighted groom is a senior inventory planner for Kraft Foods. He is a graduate of North Central College.
* God Did It: Karla McLawhorn and Eric Hawkins married at Saint John Baptist Church in Columbia, SC. The bride is a graduate of South Carolina State University and the University of South Carolina School of Law. She is an associate with the law firm of Duff, Turner, White & Boykin, LLC. The groom, a graduate of Midlands Technical College, attends Limestone College. He is corporal with the South Carolina Dept. of Public Safety, Bureau of Protective Services.
* Best Friends: Clayton Alexander Brown, Sr. and Valerie Cheriece Kelly wed at the House of Tamarind Cove, Saint James, Barbados, West Indies. A graduate of the University of Georgia and Harcum College, the bride is an immunization assessment specialist for the City of Philadelphia and massage therapist. The groom attends the Culinary School of Arts at the Art Institute of Philadelphia. He is a student chef at Carmella’s Restaurant of Venice Island, Manayunk.
* Fifty Is Fantastic: The Rev. and Mrs. Herbert Stroman renewed their wedding vows in celebration of their 50th wedding anniversary at the Holmon Street Baptist Church in Houston. Mrs. Rosa Stroman retired s a medical records transcriptionist clerk at St. Luke’s Hospital Rev. Herbert Stroman has been the pastor of the Christian Hope Baptist Church in Houston for the past 47 years. They are the parents of six, the grandparents of 14 and the great-grandparents of five.
COPYRIGHT 2003 Johnson Publishing Co.
COPYRIGHT 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning