Stupid youth leader tricks
In a survey of junior high youth leaders, we asked for a response to the question, “What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done in ministry?”
* Armed my group with raw egg, flour, and a raw fish.
* Didn’t plan the activities for a 100person retreat until we were on it.
* Let a 14-year-old drive my car.
* Tried to do everything myself.
* Fell flat on my face running to greet the pizza delivery man.
* Lied to a parent.
* Ran the Michigan dunes in boxers, in January, with guys from the group.
* Taught by textbook and expected results.
* Made the world’s largest ice-cream sundae in the worship area.
* Consistently called a junior higher by the wrong name.
* Forgot to reserve bus for an outing.
* Left a kid behind at a concert.
* Called a girl (who looked, dressed, and sounded like a boy) a boy.
* Made a tradition of lock-ins.
Copyright Group Publishing, Inc. Sep/Oct 1998
Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved