Reader comments from www.advocate.com – reader forum – parents of the same sex with genetic engineering? – Brief Article – Column
* “I think it is possible. Will it happen? We are having a hard enough time getting more conventional benefits; imagine the gnashing of teeth and the predictions of the end times should gay/lesbian couples be able to reproduce.”
* “I think the whole idea is unnecessary, unappealing, and foolish, I understand the need to experience parenting; I have two adult children myself. But there are other ways than ghoulish manipulation of human tissue.”
* “Why not further study the possibility of creating a `love child’ with two people in love of the same sex? Isn’t that what being in love is all about?”
* “I don’t see the point in it when there are so many orphaned children in the world who could use a loving family. The very concept of genetic engineering is both astonishing and tragic.”
* “I hope to be able to experience that blessing within my lifetime.”
In March 19 issue, readers were asked:
Do you think it will be possible in your lifetime for children to have two biological parents of the same sex?
Note: Table made from pie chart.
COPYRIGHT 2002 Liberation Publications, Inc.
COPYRIGHT 2002 Gale Group