QUALITY WORKPLACE UPDATE
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much”
The LaRonge Health Centre Working Group has identified their three top goals:
1. Improving staff morale.
2. Increasing the level at which staff feel treated with respect and dignity.
3. Security for patients and staff.
Some of the activities of the LaRonge group are:
1. The Saturday morning “Sit and Chat” Social.
2. The February 14th “Have a Heart” Draw.
3. Department Directors are being invited to attend QWP working group meetings to discuss any related issues.
Prince Albert Victoria Hospital’s QWP Working Group have identified their top three goals:
1. Equipment purchases and maintenance of equipment.
2. Communication skills growth for unit and interdepartmental interactions.
3. Staff report/coffee room renovations and unit/solarium updating of decor.
Initiatives to address these have already been started.
1. Department Directors are being invited to attend QWP working group meetings to discuss communication and department related issues.
2. Plans are underway for a “Dream Barbecue,” “Spring into Spring,” raffle fund-raiser for the purchase of a blanket warmer. Media coverage on the Working Group and fundraiser is being covered by the local TV network and newspaper.
3. The working group has decided to create a unit newsletter.
In Spring 2004 Weyburn General Hospital will join the QWP project sites. I am looking forward to the continuing exciting and creative energy experienced each time the Working Groups meet.
Copyright Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association Apr/May 2004
Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved.