A strong foundation: with potent anti-aging ingredients and skin conditioners, these foundations do much more than make skin appear flawless – Beauty honoredpotions & prescriptions – Brief Article
1. Tony & Tina Vibrational Remedies Luna Essence Liquid Foundation ($24; tonytina.com) contains a cornucopia of botanicals, including soy extract to moisturize, chamomile to soothe, and pomegranate to fight free radicals.
2. As we age, the skin’s oil glands produce less sebum (a natural moisturizer), which leads to dryness. To counter this, try Clarins True Radiance Foundation ($35; gloss.com), light-reflecting makeup with fig extract to help skin retain moisture.
3. Your body heat breaks down the beads of mineral-based pigments and releases the protective antioxidants in Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals foundation ($46; 800-817-5665); this light-reflecting base diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. T. LeClerc Moisturizing Fluid Foundation ($37, 800-788-4731) is a new liquid makeup from the longtime purveyor of fine face powders; it contains vitamins A and E, as well as the brand’s signature mineral pigments.
5. Smooth on Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup SPF 20 ($35; lancome.com) to help firm the look of your skin; a veil of skin-smoothing particles prevents makeup from settling into and accentuating wrinkles.
6. Titanium dioxide provides non-chemical sun protection in Clinique City Base Oil-Free Powder Foundation SPF 15 ($21; clinique.com), while vitamin E further protects skin from environmental damage.
COPYRIGHT 2004 Weider Publications
COPYRIGHT 2004 Gale Group