Provisos Adopted by the GNA 2005 House of Delegates
These Provisos were developed to provide transition for GNA operations and functions once the 2005 HOD adopted the Proposed Bylaws.
The Proposed Bylaws took effect immediately following the adjournment of the 2005 HOD:
1. The current President remains in office until after the 2007 HOD meets.
2. The president-elect on the 2005 ballot will serve two years as president-elect and two years as president (2005-2009)
3. The Vice President’s term expires at the end of convention 2005.
4. The current secretary will remain in office until after the 2007 HOD meets.
5. The District Assembly Chair position expires at the end of the 2005 HOD.
6. The Director of Marketing/Communications elected in 2005 will assume the role of Director of Membership Development (2005-2007).
7. The Director of Strategic Planning will assume the role of Director of Leadership Development (2005-2007).
8. The Staff Nurse Directors positions will expire at the end of 2005 HOD.
9. The Regional Directors from North Central, Central and East Central will remain in office as Regional Coordinators until 2007.
10. The Regional Directors from North, Southeast, and Southwest elected in 2005 will serve as Regional Coordinators until 2007.
11. The current Chair-elect of Nomination Committee will serve as Chair of Nomination Committee until 2007.
12. The Chair-elect Nomination Committee elected in 2005 will become a member of the Nomination Committee. (2005-2007).
13. The Three Members Nomination Committee elected in 2005 will serve a two year term (2005-2007) on the committee.
14. The Commission on Legislative/Public Policy Chair elected in 2005 shall assume the role of Director of Legislation/Public Policy.
15. The current Chairs of the Commission on Nursing Practice and Commission on Workplace Advocacy shall assume the role of Director of Nursing Practice and Director of Workplace Advocacy respectively.
16. The current Commissions members and those on the 2005 ballot terms will expire at the end of the 2005 HOD.
17. The chair of the Labor Relations Board will assume the role of the Director of UAN.
Copyright Georgia Nurses Association Nov 2005-Jan 2006
Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved