1. www.HelpingPatients.org – This user friendly, interactive web site by PhRMA and its 48 member companies is a comprehensive listing of all of the patient drug assistance programs in the US. It is a free and confidential service. Each drug company has different procedure to access free or low cost drugs. Therefore, to use this site you must know the name of the drug and the pharmaceutical company.
2.211 – This 24-hour telephone hot line is available only in Montgomery, Autauga, Elmore, Dallas, and Lee counties, but is in the process of going statewide. With this one number you can seek free access to information about and referrals to community resources covering:
* basic human needs
* physical & mental health
* job training & education
* support to older Americans
* support to persons with disabilities
* children, youth, & family supports
* volunteer opportunities & donations
* arts & recreation
3. www.myziva.net – This free resource for consumers and professionals is designed to help locate and compare nursing homes around the country. The site is easier to navigate if you have a zip code in the general area that you wish to evaluate. Types of information includes phone numbers, addresses, results of the latest government survey (inspection reports) and quality measure rankings such as staffing ratios, use of restraints, infections, etc.
Copyright Alabama State Nurses’ Association Sep-Nov 2003
Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved