Categories
Uniform Crime Reports: Hate Crime Statistics

Appendix B—State Uniform Crime Reporting Programs

Appendix B—State Uniform Crime Reporting Programs APPENDIX B–State Uniform Crime Reporting Programs Alabama Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center Suite 350 770 Washington Avenue Montgomery, Alabama 36104 (334) 242-4900 www.acjic.state.al.us Alaska Alaska Department of Public Safety Criminal Records and Identification Bureau 5700 East Tudor Road Anchorage, Alaska 99507 (907) 269-5765 American Samoa Department of Public Safety […]

Categories
Uniform Crime Reports: Hate Crime Statistics

Section II—jurisdiction Hate Crime Statistics, 2002

Section II—jurisdiction Hate Crime Statistics, 2002 During 2002, 12,073 agencies provided 1 to 12 months of hate crime data to the national Uniform Crime Reporting Program. Of those agencies, 15.5 percent (1,868 agencies) reported a total of 7,462 incidents. The remaining 84.5 percent of agencies indicated that no instances of hate crimes occurred within their […]

Categories
Uniform Crime Reports: Hate Crime Statistics

Hate Crime Statistics: Section I—Hate Crime Statistics

Section I—Hate Crime Statistics Incidents and Offenses A total of 12,073 law enforcement agencies reported 7,462 hate crime incidents in 2002. The majority of these, 7,459, were single-bias incidents; that is, all the offenses within each incident resulted from one type of bias. The 3 remaining incidents were classified as multiple-bias, meaning that those incidents […]

Categories
Uniform Crime Reports: Hate Crime Statistics

Hate Crime Statistics: Foreword

Foreword Sterilized from emotion, hate crime, also called bias crime, is those offenses motivated in part or singularly by personal prejudice against others because of a diversity–race, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity/national origin, or disability. The FBI Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program’s responsibility regarding hate crime is to provide a reliable set of statistics through the […]