SuperGroups.com, Inc – Brief Article
800 Bradbury SE, Suite 213
Albuquerque, NM 87114
Phone: (505) 272-7290 * Fax: 272-7289
In Attendance: Mark Weinstein, Chairman & CEO
* Business Description: SuperGroups.com, Inc., intends to be the Internet’s first community portal and personal community destination for all relationships. SuperGroups’ Internet Community Portal is being designed for managing all community activities and relationships through the web. Complementing SuperGroups’ portal, the Company is rolling out a suite of targeted websites, SuperFamily.com, SuperFamilia.com, SuperFriends.com, SuperAlumni.com, SuperTeams.com and SuperBizGroups.com, offering private virtual homes for real-life relationships to flourish. These templates are offered free of charge for members to create their own private, multimember Websites.
* Year Founded: 1999
* Number of Employees: 39
* Markets: The SuperGroups.com portal targets all Internet community users and affinity groups. The Company’s targeted websites offer private virtual homes for real-life relationships to flourish. The sites include separate, private online communities for families, friends, alumni groups, teams, and business associates. Target websites allow us to leverage our technology and fixed overhead with targeted brands for multiple revenue sources, and profitability by 2002. SuperGroups intends to offer its website divisions in multiple languages for the international marketplace. Each site is designed with the target demographics in mind-Gen Xers, women 25-44, college graduates 22-30, etc., so each targeted SuperGroups’ division site has a look and feel that relates directly to the customer.
* Competitive Advantages: SuperGroups’ offers a product for virtually every real-life relationship. Each product has a gift registry built into its private community websites which links directly to the Company’s shopping engine. Additionally, SuperGroups intends to offer its website divisions in multiple languages for the international marketplace. Our unique revenue model allows us to antidpate the generation of sufficient revenues primarily through sponsorships, commissions from e-commerce transactions, co-branded/private label contracts, advertising and premium services.
* First Internet Community Portal for all relationships
* First Internet Community website named “Top 100” Sites-PC Magazine
* Financing: Amount Requested: $30 million History: $6,000,000 raised in private placements of notes and warrants.
* Investors: Individual investors and investment funds
2000 $ 1,826,000
COPYRIGHT 2000 The New Mexico Business Journal
COPYRIGHT 2003 Gale Group