Speranza new chair of Character and Fitness Committee of 7th
Daily Record Staff
Appellate Division, Fourth Department Presiding Justice Eugene F. Pigott, Jr. appointed John F. Speranza as chairperson of the Committee on Character and Fitness for the Seventh Judicial District.
Members of the Committee are appointed by the Appellate Division to interview applicants for admission to the bar and certify to the court that the applicants possess the necessary character and fitness to practice law.
Speranza succeeds Patricia O. Vazzana as chair. Vazzana, a member of the committee since 1988, has served as chairperson for the past 12 years and she will continue as a committee member.
Other members of the committee are: Jeffrey J. Calabrese; Louis P. Contiguglia; Michele DiGaetano; Albert G. Krenitsky; Judge Nicholas V. Midey, Jr.; Carolyn G. Nussbaum; Judge Richard D. Rosenbloom; Richard P. Rossettie; Paul T. Rubery; Maurice E. Strobridge; and Judy A. Toyer.
John Speranza at a Glance
* Criminal defense attorney, has engaged in the private practice of law for 32 years.
* Received the Robert C. Napier Award for outstanding achievement in advocacy for the rights of the accused in 1993.
* Presented with the Charles F. Crimi Award by the Monroe County Bar Association in 2001.
* Graduate of Colgate University and Albany Law School and he holds an MPA degree from the State University of New York at Albany.
* Served as a member of the Committee on Character and Fitness since 1994.
Copyright 2006 Dolan Media Newswires
Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved.