Kiddie transport – laws regulating transportation services

Kiddie transport – laws regulating transportation services – Brief Article

QA I am interested in starting a children’s transportation business. I would like to know what the safety, business, and license requirements are?

P. Cotton Baton Rouge, Louisiana

My question for you is: For what purpose will you be transporting children? If it is for non-medical reasons, such as rural or urban public transportation, then your license requirement is to simply apply for a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and take a test administered by the Department of Public Safety (, Office of Motor Vehicles section according to Carol Crenshaw, public transportation administrator for the Louisiana Department of Transportation, 225-274-4302. If the services that you plan on offering include non-emergency transportation to and from medical facilities, contact an administrator at the Department of Health and Hospitals, (; 225-342-9500, for license requirements.

The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development issued an Environmental Policy, adopted in May 2000, which concerns the entire transportation network in the state, (view it at SCORE, Service Corps of Retired Executives (www.score .org) is always a good place to start for free start-up business consultation.

COPYRIGHT 2001 Earl G. Graves Publishing Co., Inc.

COPYRIGHT 2001 Gale Group