Fireproof your clothes dryer
The U.S. Fire Administration reports that clothes dryers cause more than 15,000 fires annually. Here’s how to fireproof your dryer.
* Clean the dryer lint screen before and after each use.
* Use a vacuum attachment to clean the chute behind the lint tray.
* At least once a year, clean the dryer exhaust duct with a duct cleaner brush, available at local hardware stores.
* Remove the dryer panels periodically to vacuum away accumulated lint.
* Check the outside dryer vent cap to ensure that it’s debris-free.
For more on dryer safety tips, log on to www.repairclinic.com.
COPYRIGHT 2007 Earl G. Graves Publishing Co., Inc.
COPYRIGHT 2007 Gale Group