Around town: Paris
* The Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris (31 Ave. George V; 33-1-4952-7000), an eight-story landmark, offers business amenities that include airline ticketing and secretarial and translation services. There is also afternoon tea and an
extensive and exclusive wine selection. * Luxurious accommodations are found at the classically French Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris (25 Ave. Montaigne; 33-1-5367-6665), Prestige suites have a private entrance with two baths.
* Stevenson calls Percy’s Place (15 Rue d’Auteuil, 33-1-4288-1444) “Southern cooking with a serious Cordon Bleu flair.” Virginia native Percy Taylor has served up jambalaya, crab cakes, and African American memorabilia since 1997.
* Spicy (8 Ave. Franklin D. Roosevelt; 33-1-5659-6259) is open seven days a week until midnight and serves traditional French cuisine with a Mediterranean twist. It’s a concise menu with great offerings for every course, including dessert–all in a hip, stylish setting just off the Champs-Elysees.
* Le Jazz Club Lionel Hampton (81 Bird, Gouvion Saint-Cyr; 33-1-4068-3042) is housed inside the Hotel Le Meridien Etoile on Paris’s Right Bank. Named for the late American jazz great, this club is located near one of the city’s main business districts and is great for entertaining clients. It has a fun and impressive drink list.
* For South American flair in Paris, check out Barrio Latino (46-48 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Antoine; 33-1-5578-8475), a four-story dance club and eatery that features tapas, tropical drinks, and salsa/world beat sounds.
SPAS * The Ritz Health Club (15 Place Vendome; 33-1-4316-3060) inside the elegant Ritz Paris hotel pampers patrons with the latest in hydrotherapy. Enjoy a body treatment of Dead Sea salts and caviar in an atmosphere inspired by ancient Greece and Rome.
France uses the euro (one euro was worth $1.23 at press time). U.S.-issued credit cards are accepted.
Hail taxis at hotels, train stations, taxi stands, or on the street. Public transit via Paris’ vast bus, 14-line Metro subway system, and RER regional commuter trains is quick and efficient. Single tickets are 1,40 euro for travel within the city.
COPYRIGHT 2005 Earl G. Graves Publishing Co., Inc.
COPYRIGHT 2005 Gale Group