Solomon & Solomon Fine Art Renamed S2 Fine Art – Brief Article
CHICAGO–Carolyn and Jack Solomon, owners of Solomon & Solomon Fine Art Ltd., have announced that the corporate name of their art holding corporation will change from Solomon & Solomon Fine Art Ltd. to S2 Fine Art Ltd. The company believes the new name better reflects the size and stature it has achieved since its founding four years ago.
“When we first established our company in 1996, we envisioned a relatively small, personal gallery and art lithography business,” said Jack Solomon. “But our sustained growth to date has been extraordinary–well beyond our original expectations. And looking ahead, we see our growth not only continuing but accelerating, both in the near term and in the long term.”
Based in Chicago, S2 Fine Art is the holding company for a group of wholly owned, interrelated fine art businesses, including:
* S2 Editions Ltd., a fine art lithography atelier based in New York. In Sept. 1999, S2 opened a branch atelier in a glass-enclosed studio in the Paris Las Vegas Casino Resort, adjacent to the Re Society art gallery.
* S2’s Gallery Division presently consists of three Re Galleries, located in New Orleans, Chicago and Las Vegas. S2 also has a very close working relationship with Kuroda & Solomon Fine Art Gallery in Tokyo.
* S2’s Dealer Division maintains more than 600 wholesale gallery accounts worldwide and has established wholesale accounts with retailers and catalog companies.
* S2 has been expanding its publishing and representation relationships with important artists and institutions.
* The Mucha Collection: The company has a 50-year contract with the Alphonse Mucha Foundation. To date, 89 editions of 300 numbered examples have been printed and marketed in the U.S. and in Japan.
* Snoopy by Everhart: S2 has established an important and highly successful publishing and artist representation program with Tom Everhart, the only artist in the world authorized to utilize Charles Schulz’s “Peanuts” images.
* AFI’s 100 Years … 100 American Movie Poster Classics: This fine-art limited-edition lithography program involves S2’s association with the American Film Institute (AFI). A collection of 100 editions of fine art lithographs recreated from 100 historic and classic movie posters is being produced at the S2 Atelier. Most recently as part of the program, the company released posters from the films Woman in Red, Phantom of the Opera and Thief of Baghdad.
Also in Las Vegas, S2 is inviting dealers attending art21 to attend Breakfast at the Atelier on Oct. 15, from 9 to 11 a.m. at Re Gallery/Atelier in the Paris Las Vegas.
Said Carolyn Solomon: “The past four years have been a wonderful, exciting time for the art industry and especially for our company. Our progress has been even more robust than we had originally envisioned, and we’re confident our ongoing programs will continue to grow S2 into an even bigger and better part of the art industry.”
COPYRIGHT 2000 Pfingsten Publishing, LLC
COPYRIGHT 2004 Gale Group